There are several reasons to be rejected by a recruiter and here we will discuss the main ones.
Do you know what messages your words and body language send? What does your style of dress and written communication say to others? How your online presence affects your perceived personal brand?
We often live inside our own heads so much, we forget that in every interaction we are being evaluated and those evaluations mean the difference between “you’re hired” and “no, thank you.”
I mean here not just your attire but also your hygiene and I will summarize each one in simple points.
Professional Attire should be:
- Let the company culture guide your dress code.
- conservative suit with solid color.
- long sleeve shirt with professional tie.
- Dark socks and suitable shoes.
- No sunglasses.
- leather belt that matches your shoes.
- Elegant black or brown watch.
Hygiene rules you have to follow:
- Neat beard.
- Hair style is natural.
- avoid colognes and strong fragrances.
- Trimmed nails.
- Stop smoking half an hour before the interview.
2.You are not qualified for the job because
- You do not have enough experience.
- Lying in your resume.
- Not fit for the company culture.
- Using poor grammar.
- Lack of knowledge about the company.
Your attitude in the interview is the most important element that will affect the final result and will indicate that you have been hired or rejected, so here we will highlight how to perform in the interview.
- Avoid arriving late.
- Your handshake is too forceful or too soft.
- Avoid to be arrogant, “know-it-all” attitude.
- Extreme nervousness or shyness
- show interest in the job and be enthusiastic
- show confidence and respect.
you can simply ask yourself a bunch of questions to avoid any pop-up problems, like the below:
- What are my strengths?
- What are my fatal flaws?
- Which of my strengths were/are most important to the company?
- Which of my strengths were/are important to you?
Anyways do not get discouraged when you get rejected from a recruiter. It doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with you — there isn’t. It means that particular recruiter doesn’t deserve your talents, at least not right now, the world is big. You don’t have to base your job search off the job ads you see published. You can reach out to any hiring manager you want and start contacting them.