Finding your matched position
Finding your matched position or job is not so hard, but it also needs to be organized and have a defined strategy. Identifying how your personal ambitions, goals and needs align with a particular job opportunity is no easy task. But outlining these factors is essential when searching for a job that’s the right fit for you, it’s also important to focus on your most relevant skills and strengths when writing resumes and cover letters, and when interviewing. The closer your match to the position, the better your chances of job search success.
Here we will discuss the steps that will guide you to find out yourself and then get your appropriate job.
- Know yourself well
Knowing yourself means recognizing different parts of your identity, personality, and being. The goal is not to criticize yourself but to acknowledge all sides of your personality. Open up to the possibility of learning new things about yourself.
Follow the below points:
- What are your strengths?
- Your weaknesses
- Use Mind Map or SWOT analysis
- Define your dream job
- Who is your role model?
Through that you can know yourself a little bit better and that will make the decision making process easier.
- Search for your appropriate field or industry
As you search, you’ll get better at recognizing the jobs that feel right and those that don’t.
If you’re not sure where to start, it’s good to start with broad search terms and gradually narrow them. In the search results, certain titles may jump out at you. You can now conduct new searches for each of these just to find the most suitable one for you.
You also can use lots of websites such as:
- Gulf Talent
- Understand the job analysis
At that point you have to read a lot about the field that you choose and understand a lot about the nature of the industry itself.
Follow the below:
- You have to know the difference between the job analysis and the job description.
- Do your qualifications match the description of the job?
- Is the description giving you hints about the career path?
- Read about the same job description in more than one company.
- Choosing the best company for your standards
You should choose the company depending on:
- The company culture.
- The reputation.
- Review the customer’s feedback.
- Contact with one of its employees.
- Read the job offer carefully.
- Try to contact the HR employee.
You should do all of these points mentioned above before applying for the job.
- Tailor your Resume / CV
- Use keywords because it’s the primary way recruiters source candidates.
- Show up your most relevant skills, experience and actions to the job description.
- Read about the common mistakes on resumes to avoid them.
- Writing a professional career objective shows your interest in getting the job.
- Create a specific resume for each job, do not use the same resume for every job.
- Use professional email and send a sample of your work.
Believe me it’s not that hard to find your dream job, but you have to put in a little effort to get it. So please take care of the hidden details, because maybe they will be an obstacle in your way to achieve your own goals.